Friday 13 January 2012

Badab War: Tactical Squad #2 wip


Tactical Squad 2 is progressing at a nice rate with all shading complete, I am hoping to get at least all the highlight stages completed by the end of the weekend and time permitting even move onto detailing. I am a little bemused on how I will paint the lascannon as the last time I painted a Space Marine lascannon was during 2nd Ed (really). Now that paint is on the squad, I feel happier about the poses and base placement and am hyped up about getting this unit done by the end of January. I think it would be a good idea to concentrate on the Rhino's after this to accompany the Tactical squads, once these are complete that will be my two Troop choices fully taken care of.


Of course once complete this will mean I have all the lovely special toys to paint up such as the Tactical Terminators and Contemptor Dreadnought. All of which will be lovely treats I intend to spend a lot of time working on with pigment dust and oils. However on my mind now is expansion, I don't really want to be in a position where I paint up a third tactical squad and end up having to replace it with Forgeworld MK VIII, but on the other hand this will mean not having the third troop choice in my 1500pt list...decisions...decisions. Do I wait or go ahead and convert more of my own MK VIII? My ones have their own unique look to them, but of course I am expecting Forgeworld's to look far better and with more torso variety. Perhaps it would be best to stick to 1000pt games (using the two troop choices I have) and work on the non-gaming elements of the Shaprias list such as the Achilles and Caestus?

Ah well, something for me to sleep on. Here's to a productive weekend ahead!

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

Inspired? Reinforce today with: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore