Thursday 5 January 2012

Badab War: Minotaur Tactical Squad Update


The tactical squad is now for all purposes complete! I am just waiting on pigment dust to arrive before I finish bases and add transfers. Construction work has already started on tactical squad #2 and pose wise it is already starting to look pretty funky with lots of inspiration taken from 'Space Marine' the game. I am currently looking into adding scratches to the whole squad but that is a luxury detail I can do at any time and not something I intend to do as part of the paint routine as I don't trust myself to do it quick enough. As the test group for my Minotaur's army, there was always going to be lots of questions and time taken to perfect a scheme I was satisfied with, now that it is complete to a level I am happy with, I can carry the standard throughout the collection.


This project may be taking me a long time, but it is a labour of love as despite taking me the better part of 4 months to complete (due to wok commitments and straight up painters block) which has left me more fired up than ever to paint more Space Marines and vehicles of the Minotaur chapter. I am happy with the OSL work on this squad, considering it has been a number of years since I have tried it, but it is the bolter flashes that I am most pleased with as I think they are noticeable without being over dominant, and is something I look forward to doing more of as the army expands. So now it's back to the paint table to take advantage of my newly reclaimed enthusiasm...make use of it while it's there!

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

Inspired? Reinforce today with: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore