Friday 3 January 2014

Warzone Resurrection: Hatamoto Troopers & Custom Bases


Greetings everyone, I hope you are all well! With the festive holidays concluded, I now have the time to sit down and put some real effort into my Warzone collection, the last two evenings have been a frenzy of painting details and research as I march on to complete my Hatamoto Troopers. The pay off is that they are pretty much done! Bar a couple of details (Mons on the shoulder pads and highlights for the sword hilts) the Hatamoto Squad is exactly where I want it, in terms of painting. I ended up going for a very exaggerated eye glow to offset the blue helmets, this was also due to the fact that the eyes are incredibly difficult to paint, and in some cases not formed properly at all (again due to the fine details of the casts), against the sea of dark blue I think the decision was the right one.


I have also decided to make my own bases this time round! I notoriously spend quite a bit on resin bases, but for this project I decided to add my own creativity to the mix. At the start I could not decide what I wanted to do for base details, but last night I conjured up an idea that I think will work and as you can see in the photo above, the bases are ready for priming. There have been a few small issues during the painting process, the highlights are not as smooth as I normally achieve and this is down to two factors, I was overly excited to get lots done - loss of quality, and I was really unsure how to go about painting this figures - which is always the case with new miniatures ranges. But as I said I am happy with the results. I will be doing a Gallery photo shoot once the bases are done, to show off some of the small painted details and to get close ups of the eyes.

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

Warzone: Resurrection is a great game and miniature line, check it out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore