Sunday 19 January 2014

Warzone Resurrection: Mishima Ronin Face Details


A good day despite the late start (I did not start painting until late afternoon), I managed to get all the flesh tones done for the Ronin bodies. I took a very different approach to the way I paint skins, this time looking for more subtle and realistic shades. I do prefer the effect, the extra time taken to do this is worth while and I am sure with more practice I will get smooth transitions like the pro's.  I think these pictures at the very least show just how much detail Prodos has managed to cram into their casts, it has been a long time since I have encountered basic troop choices as intricate in detail as these -the last time being the hey day of Rackham. I honestly believe that Prodos are hitting the balance of quality, game play and price (entry point being similar to Warmachine), all of these points being key things to a successful miniatures company. However they need to sort out their current Kickstarter issues (which are not the worst by any means) and method of promotion, as access to the wider audience that are 'waiting' in the wings to see what they can do is crucial at this stage.








Tomorrow or this morning even! Is meant to be my Call Of Duty Day...but quite frankly I would prefer to put the final hours into getting the Ronin bodies complete. The only things remaining as you can see is to add shades to the Hakama paints and do my typical reds to the vest, both things that would not take to long. If I can get the arms done tomorrow as well, I will be back on schedule, if not ahead for this project. For me the progress so far has been good, to have six figures complete and five more near completion in 19 days is incredibly fast for my standard and regular readers will know that more often than not, I usually take far too long in getting stuff done. Perhaps it was merely a case of complacency with GW products?

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th legion 

Warzone Resurrection is a great game and miniature,check it out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore