Friday 15 January 2016

Gallery: The Devil's Run: Route 666 - The Host, Gringo & Oily Jim By Chris


Greetings, today we have a look at a commission piece I completed for Word Forge Game's Devil's Run: Route 666 game, a 20mm post apocalyptic vehicle combat game. The figures are immensely detailed considering that they are 20mm scale and it was a challenge from the start, not just to bring the intricate details out but also to successfully photograph the miniatures once complete. I am hoping to improve my photography skills; or find someone who can do it better!; before sending the next batch of figures back to Word Forge games.

This set of three figures was originally finished at the start of December 2015 and were on display for the first time at Dragonmeet 2015.

To learn more about the product, visit their following pages (new page will open:


Gringo
This is a great figure which truly shows off how detailed the range is, however I had so many problems with the photography that I ended running out of time. Hopefully I will get better shots in of the other bikers that make up Gringo's gang.






The Ghost
This car was an incredible amount of fun to paint, the daemonic fire bleeding from a multitude of daemonic looking cuts and grazes, followed by the boot full of weapons and crucifixes, just gives this car so much character. But despite how cool this car is, my favourite part of the paint job, was actually the smashed window screen!







Oily Jim
This figure is based on a Kickstarter backer and is my personal favourite. Now of course I am totally biased, as I am friends with the guy it is based on! Again all painting was done by hand, and I was aiming for a 'well oiled machine' in fairly good condition, despite the wartorn background.

 





At the end of each month leading to Salute (April 2016) I will be adding more Devil's Run: Route 666 figures to the Gallery. If i am really lucky, these figures will be available to see in person at the event itself.

Thanks for reading,

Chris/DiStudios
Send The Eighth!

Inspired? Support the blog and get great discounts with next day dispatch! Shop with Element Games


To keep up to date with all our goings on, like and follow our FacebookGoogle + & Twitter pages.





2 comments:

  1. I'll have to ge a shift on with English and Irish then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know much about the background yet, I intend to read up on it as I work through the next batch. But so far I am loving these models!

      Delete

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore