Monday 21 May 2012

Forge World: Imperial Strong Point Unboxing


Freshly delivered and Arriving much earlier than expected, the final piece to my 4x4 gaming table saga: Forge World's Imperial Strong Point, a resin cast board section designed to fit in with Games Workshop's Realm's of Battle gaming board. As with my Zone Mortalis unboxing, the most noticeable thing is just how light the board section is, in fact when I first received the box I thought it was empty!


The details consist of an entrance to a underground bunker (Zone Mortalis comes to mind), a generator and two fixed barricades with tank traps in front of them, there are various additional details such as barrels and floor panelling etc All of these are very well cast with next to no visible defects bar the odd bubble.



One thing I have do notice though is the lack of texture on open areas, to correct this I will add some Vallejo stone effect to the board section. This will also keep a consistent look with the plastic board sections I have already completed.


Overall I am very satisfied with my purchase and hope that Forge World do more board sections sooner rather than later. The light weight nature of these sections make for very easy storage; and it seems; with no loss of detail to cast. While Forge World's recent shift to Finecast casting methods for smaller figures may lose me as a fan, if they continue to produce terrain in this manner, I will continue to purchase from them in the future. 

I Looking forward to getting started on this right now and am looking forward to sharing pics this week.

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th legion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore