Wednesday 8 February 2012

Site News: New Toys! & Badab Veterans Competition


First up, Silar of the (In)famous Badab Veterans blog is running a competition, check it out HERE.

Secondly, new toys! Nothing makes me feel like a 9 year old more then opening boxes of new stuff. Now before people get too excited, they are not miniatures, but are to do with miniatures. Today my new camera arrived and finishes the new photo setup I have been working on for the last week. This is a Olympus SZ30MR, a 'bridge' camera (half compact half I have no idea...) that basically went on offer and was a acceptable price range for me. For me this is a major upgrade over my 4 year old Samsung which use to eat batteries after every shoot. This camera is loaded with features and I am sure it will take me a while to figure out, but one of the nice things I have noticed already is the ability to apparently film in 1080p.


Ok so whats can it do for the blog? The obvious thing is that I will hopefully be adding higher quality photos to the site, something I am very aware is lacking. While my old Anime figure blog had literally hundreds of 'glamour' photos, none of them met my expectations. With miniatures, I take a long time to paint so I don't want to post any old crap photo and I think it is fair to say that readers who are taking the time to follow my slow progress deserve a degree of decent eye candy. Another blog that opens up with this purchase is video. I am now in the position to do video tutorials  and bat reports, which I am sure will be interesting to a lot of people out there.

I also got my first batch of new KR Multicase foam.


"Foam. Thats your big finale for this afternoon's post?"

Ok I admit it is not the most exciting thing I can write about but I really like to protect my figures and KR in my opinion do it best. I do have Battlefoam bags (three in fact), but I do prefer the softer feel and classy aluminium design of KR Multicase. The new custom cut foam is really good and the cuts are a perfect for my figures, with these bits here I can now comfortably fit my 1500 pt army safely in my double aluminium case. So with these new bits in I am hoping to improve the '14th Legion' experience a little bit in 2012, I am also getting to the point of being ready to travel around for gaming.

Don't forget to check out the Fallen Princes and Silar's competition (see top of post).

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th legion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore