Sunday 12 February 2012

Army List: Librarian Gun-Line


One of my potential lists for 2012, a very basic Librarian led gun-line, I wanted to veer away from a typical mix max army list and focus on some slightly more expensive but perhaps efficient unit combinations, I think auto/las supported by Typhoon can pump out a very tasty amount of fire power per turn if left unchecked. It is a very simple to use list with minimal deep strike risk list but perhaps a high KP score, but at 1500pts I think it has enough AV13 to prove durable and pour fire power into de-meching. 

The Librarian as always provide limited psychic power protection and some combinations to harass or protect.


Librarian
Psychic powers: The Gate of Infinity, Null Zone

Dreadnought
Multimelta, heavy flamer, drop pod

Sternguard Veterans
2 Combi-Melta, 2 missile launchers ++Thank you to Gregory Swanson for this idea++
Rhino

Tactical Squad (5) 
5 additional space marines
Meltagun, combi-melta, missile launcher
Rhino

Tactical Squad (5) 
5 additional space marines 
Meltagun, Combi-melta, missile launcher
Rhino


Land Speeder Squadron
Typhoon missile launcher

Land speeder Squadron
Typhoon missile launcher

Land speeder Squadron
Typhoon missile launcher

Predator
Lascannon side sponsons

Predator 
Lascannon side sponsons 

Predator 
Lascannon side sponsons

I still find two tactical squads a little light on the troop department for my liking (even with combat squads), however the amount of range 48" fire power threat is high and I think to even ignore the predators and Typhoons for one turn could prove painful for the enemy. I still have 6 Melta shots to counter deep striking armoured units or transports, however over half of those shots are single-shot only. Despite this I think it will suffice in combination with the six lascannons and three autocannons. 

The Sternguard are an anomaly unit that gave me access to another Rhino chassis, I am still tempted to take a standard rhino but with the figures I have to hand, a heavy bolter razorback provides more firepower than what I have available to fire out of ports. I could have gone for another tactical squad and gained extra melt and missiles, but I feel the special issue ammunition and GOI combo will prove useful for last minute objective clearance/grabbing. The same applies to the Dreadnought and drop pod, while the payload may not survive the initial turn, the pod itself poses another bit of AV value that can contest/block los throughout the game.

So thoughts on the list?

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

Inspired? Buy this army from: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore