Monday 1 June 2015

Monday Previews!


Greetings all, I hope you had an awesome weekend! It's Monday, so as usual it is time to see just what all of us are up to here at Send The Eighth! Wargaming.

Chris/DiStudios
Well despite the complete change of direction, I had some really good painting weekend. Originally I was meant to work on Knutr and the Hrafnen crew but Friday night I could not resist the temptation of my Norse trolls. As a result, two more warriors are now complete and the third is well on the way. Gjoll; the standard bearer; is ready to get his base coat of green, but I suspect that painting him up may take a little longer than the two days it is currently taking me to finish a troll miniature.


With the trolls moving at a good pace, I am quite excited about tackling Jormungand or Thorir - Troll characters - both those models are loaded with detail and I am really in the mood for picking out all the little wrinkles, cuts and warts!

To see more of my work, visit my Gallery 


Sven
As I’m still consumed by stupid non-hobby tasks I didn’t manage to get more paint on the Kingsmen, but as I’m currently preparing my next KD article, which will be released on Wednesday in a week, I thought I’d show you the photograph I used for inspiration.
I’m quite positive that the resulting miniature is one of my best works so far. So stay tuned!
To see more of Sven's work, visit his Gallery

Hellstrom
After a weeks modelling hiatus, decided I would put together this lovely Mierce dragon who goes by the name of Typhaggahw, Gwyfern of Ceredigion, (don't ask me to pronounce it, lol). Really loving the Brythoniaid faction, the Welsh, and it's dragons.
 
Pretty sure I now have everything currently available and the rest of them on pre-order so I probably ought to make time putting some more together and maybe getting back into painting again.  So little time, so much to do....

So trolls, goats and dragons. Lorna is still getting into the swing of things hobby wise, she will most likely be on a fortnightly update. The collections here are really turning into something great and I can't wait to see more of these critters painted up in the future. Being a avid figure/statue collector as well as painter, I have been starting to think about a new display case for my Mierce collection. While it is still early days on that front, it is something I feel writing articles on will be useful, but more on that soon, need the painted toys to fill it first!

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
Send The Eighth!

To keep up to date with all our goings on, like and follow our FacebookGoogle + & Twitter pages.

3 comments:

  1. That dragon is going to be AWESOME to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellstrom has got a very pretty army, all those dragons are quite a sight when they are lined up! I will have to do a Mexican standoff pic with my trolls I think lol

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to painting this once I've done a small amount of filling.

    ReplyDelete

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore