Friday 26 June 2015

Dark Angels: Command Squad


It almost seems like a little bit of history repeating, the release of the 7th edition Codex: Dark Angels, has sparked a bit of a revival in me. 

So today I am sharing the starts of a new Dark Angels army, to go with the lovely new Interrogator Chaplain kit. Below is a picture of a quick kit bash of a command squad. Using parts from my old Dark Angels project and spares from my Horus Heresy bits box, I have decided to go with four veterans and an Apothecary all in robes. For the standard bearer, while I normally jump at the chance to free hand, I am extremely curious to see how good the banner decals are when applied so I will be using the Dark Angels decal set. If all goes well, it will save me loads of time too!


The bolter arms have been left off intentionally, as I will be cutting the hands off, to accommodate the new range of special and combi weapons. With the use of magnets, I will be able to tailor this squad against a wide range of opponents. You have probably noticed the lack of Company Champion, which has been done on purpose as I am tailoring specifically for fire power goodness.

The squad is all but complete, so painting should start over the weekend. I am not aiming for this collection to be game viable, but the fact it is 40k probably means I will be more likely to get games in, than with my other miniature collections.

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
Send The Eighth!

To keep up to date with all our goings on, like and follow our FacebookGoogle + & Twitter pages.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the squad buildup. The kitbashing of parts looks like a ton of character already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, it should keep me going until Horus Heresy Dark Angels turn up! ;)

      Delete

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore