Wednesday 6 May 2015

Gallery: Darklands Fomoraic Kaairioc-cro Sea Devil

I mentioned in my last article (The King), that I had not been idle during the past months absence and so today I would like to share some of my Mierce Miniatures works, as it has been a while since I have posted any. Due an increase in Darklands gaming I have added some more Mierce Miniatures lately, at the expense of my Angelcynn host who has been sold to a fellow Mierce fan. Meanwhile I have started a new kindred…but more on that another time!
Today I’d like to present some more of my Fomoraic in the form of Kaairioc-cro Sea Devil, and he is a big beastie!


The so-called Sea Devil (I love that name) is one of Mierces earliest monsters and in all honesty, it is not one of my favourites. Regardless of this, I went ahead and bought it for my Terror from the Deep host. My main issue with the model was that it looked too natural with it four legs and dinosaur-like look. So I took out the hobby knife and removed the rear legs to get a more sea-dwelling feeling. In game the Sea Devil is very slow, so that fits the bill.

Due to the change of model footprint I had to bend the tail a bit and create a base that followed the flow of the model. I also think that this would be the most realistic way of representing spraying water. For this effect I used Vallejo Water Paste and the “Foam and Snow”-paste which I applied very lightly to the tips of the hardened water. This is something I hope to recreate in the future on another project.
The model itself was painted fairly quickly. Just the sea green hide and a lot of Vallejo Pigments on the armour. But I really think the mad eyes bring this model to life. The eyes were also always a problem for me, the model just looked… almost placid, and so instead I opted for this crazed look to give a more menacing air. I have used the experience from this project on a new model, which you will soon see added to my Kingdom Death collection

Thanks for reading,

Sven
Send The Eighth!

To keep up to date with all our goings on, like and follow our FacebookGoogle + & Twitter pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore