
Greetings and welcome to the start of a new(ish) project. The blog has been neglected for quite some time, due to the simplicity of Social Media posting, but recently I have been really wanting to revisit my little blog. If you have been following me on either Facebook or Instagram, then this project will not be anything new. If however this is your first time seeing the figures, welcome!
I have actually been working my way through multiple 'Oldhammer' projects since lockdown, which include Rogue Trader Imperial Guard, Dark Angels and Dwarves - all of which will be updated here Autumn onwards. It's quite daunting looking back at miniatures and projects that essentially started in excess of 30 years ago but never saw completion. What on earth have I been doing with my time!
Now, will I paint every single figure I have amassed since 1989? Probably not, but for the ones I do end up painting, I will give it my best.
This figure is a simple conversion of Dave Andrews Nurgle Plague Marines released c1993. I cut the power arm off and replaced it with the power fist from the classic Space Marine Captain with Terminator honours and added a breathing tube. Looking back at it now, it's almost a dark parody (how fitting!) which was completely accidental.
The paint scheme is taken directly from the 1994 Eavy Metal Painting Guide book and is honestly my favourite scheme. I tried the camo green and lots of rust method and didn't really enjoy the process or the end product. The backpack is a original plastic version, which was trimmed to fit properly. I really wanted to add daemonic googly eyes so ended up with the weirdo above.
I overlooked these miniatures back in the 90's instead focusing on the later multi-part range (also by Dave Andrews), and while I regret not working on them back then, I am really glad to have finished one now as they are really good (although limited sculpts). The price of these things is insane though and my collection limited, so I doubt I will be chopping up to many them going forward...maybe.
Thanks for reading,
Chris




No comments:
Post a Comment