Wednesday 6 November 2013

Gallery: 25th Anniversary Crimson Fist Space Marine Captain


Games Workhop's Warhammer 40,000 25th Anniversary celebration figure, the Crimson Fists Captain from the cover of the Rogue Trader rule book, this figure is also the test figure for the colour scheme of my Crimson fists army. Despite being a finecast figure, there was very little prep work be done, just a few cast lines and the cables needed some re-building with green stuff. I was pretty much able to go straight to undercoat and paint within 15 to 20 minutes. This figure itself was straight forward to paint and very nostalgic at the same time. I had a great time painting the MK6 armour and as a result I have started building a Sternguard squad that is majority Corvus armour, to accompany this figure.







This figure was painted with a mixture of Vallejo Game and Vallejo Model acrylic paints, I definitely wanted a much darker colour for my Crimson fists than what I had seen in other projects, so I went with very dark blues on a black base and added sharp highlights toned down with blue washes to tie the colours together. 

Below is a short video showing a 360 of the figure and a couple of close ups. 


Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
Send The Eighth!
To keep up to date with all our goings on, like and follow our FacebookGoogle + & Twitter pages.






5 comments:

  1. FINALLY!!! A post about this mini with an awesome paint job, rather than the usual 'I bought this and once again the FAILcast lived up to its dreadful reputation...'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, I am glad you like the paint job :)

      I have grown to enjoy working with Finecast, I mean I won't lie, there have been days where I think 'how did that make it out of production' but that seems to have now limited itself to older model casts. The newer Finecast figures on the whole have been excellent to work with and assuming there are only minor faults ie resin flash etc the down time of prep to paint has been surprisingly short. I am also a little less afraid of knocking my figures over :P

      Delete
  2. Superb minis on your blog - absolutely love this guy. Would you mind if I share some of your work on my blog if I accredit and post links back here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, work work as they say! Thank you for your kind comments and of course, I would be more than happy for you to share my stuff on your blog.

      Delete

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore