Wednesday 30 April 2014

Horus Heresy: Back To The Grind!


I have just gotten back from a lovely extended weekend away in the country, it was exactly what I needed to recharge my batteries and I feel inspired to pick up right where I left off with my Horus Heresy project. Just prior to going away, I got a couple of supplies from Forge World arrive in the form of a transfer and of course another tank to add to the vehicle pool. This week's plan is to continue work (and hopefully finish) the infantry I started last week - I had intended to finish them over my holiday but alas space issues - and then start moving some of the vehicle pool before finally starting work on Ferrus Manus.

I have decided to split this project into three main chucks - Infantry, Vehicle Pool, Air Support; which should give me a very nice array of vehicles to display in the gaming room (more on that soon!).

Below is a shot of what is on the 'manufacturing' line.


This project has literally come out from nowhere as I have been working solidly on other miniatures lines solidly since the start of 2014, but I am going to ride the wave of enthusiasm and see where it leads. I am purposefully not focusing at all on gaming; not that I have anyone to play anyways ha!; But instead I am picking up things I like the look of and adding them to the collection...which in some ways is quite dangerous (for the wallet!) but in other ways a good thing, as it means I am more likely to build/paint it.

My overall plan is infantry and Land Raiders, I am a huge fan of the Proteus Land Raider (nostalgia like most), so the fact that I can use them as transports is excellent. In terms of non Land Raider, Fellglaives, Fellblades and Battle Automata are all on the list for this year!

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th Legion

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. Also like how your immortals are coming out. You've inspired me to put some battle damage on my templars to break up the black!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, throw us a link here once you are done, I would love to see the results!

      Delete

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore