Monday 22 August 2011

Badab War: Minotaurs Tactical Squad wip


Long over due post, showing the progress of my first Tactical Squad. As a squad, the colours seem to work and are fairly quick to do (compared to how long I normally take to paint stuff!). The only real issue I am having is weapon colours. The reds I chose for my test figure were a little too rich/bright so I am looking for a more crimson colour similar to Scab Red or a Scab Red/Red Gore mix. I will have to experiment and figure it out this week, as I intend to add 'Red Hand' markings to the my Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought. The intention is finish the Tactical Squad this week and start the lovely Contemptor next, I still have the Achilles waiting, but there are some really cool ideas I have sketched up that need to be translated into models.


So, now that I am happy with the standard and palette of my Space Marines, my thoughts turn towards army lists. I only dabbled in 5th Ed a few times in the last 3 years, but was put off by the overly competitive attitude of the gaming group, in what was meant to be 'friendly games' and preferred to play Warmachine (pay back for the poor 40K experiences :P). But my interest in the Badab War has re-sparked the interest in some friendly/themed games. 

Thanks for reading,

DiStudios
The 14th legion

Join the War! Pick up reinforcements from: Wayland Games - Discount Wargames

No comments:

Post a Comment

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore